Be too stupid to quit.Mike Krahulik
My one true ambition in life is to outlive Mickey Mouse’s copyright.alexanderwales
- MyCoolWhiteLies: You know you have a powerful character creator when you can create a Steve Buscemi.
- eyecite: Can't you just use a "randomize features" script? I think that's what god did.
Stephen King has said something to the effect of, if you forget an idea you had, then it can’t have been good enough to remember. This only works if you’re Stephen King. If you are not Stephen King, don’t try it. Write that shit down and file it.Warren Ellis
- BrotyKraut: There will eventually be a way to pirate it.
- ChiefSittingBear: But it's free.
- inflatablegoo: Do you not understand? WE WILL PIRATE IT.
Английский кинопереводчики любят, русский — тоже любят, но по-другому. Это как с любовницей и женой. Жена от тебя постоянно что-то хочет, то удлини, то укороти, то найди аналог, то купи хлеба.Наталья Крайнер
That’s the trick of nostalgia, and why yoking it is such a dangerous business. It’s never “as good,” because it can’t be. “As good” wouldn’t satisfy you, now, because you aren’t the person who was satisfied by it anymore, partly because of the satisfaction you felt earlier, but also because of every other force and beam and ray which is always operating on your aggregated being.Jerry Holkins
I’ve spent my entire career obsessively trying to “learn how to draw” when I should’ve just been drawing. Always thinking “I just need to get a little better… and then I’ll start working on (insert any of a hundred personal projects)”
The fact is that i’ve been good enough since my teens- and would’ve improved so much more rapidly had my study been in the service of any of those projects- and not in the dozens of sketchbooks pilled in my closet.
Lesson: Don’t use “learning” as an excuse to avoid “doing”.
Link (via faitherinhicks)
(со страницы oldmanyellsatcloud)
Warren Ellis is writing the Presidential campaign. Alan Moore wrote Anonymous and a good part of Occupy. We are living in a comic book universe.George Mokray
- BrockYourSocksOff: I once dreamed that everyone I had dreamed about before, real and subconsciously created, was in my dream. It was a reunion.
- coolhandlucas: Sounds like a glitch in the matrix.
- Chirurgeon_: Sounds like a Dr. Who season finale.
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.Steven Wright
You’d be surprised how little you can live off if you’re willing to sacrifice anything that makes life enjoyable.mmb2ba
- roberth_smith: <…> Мы такие. Вот не конкретно ты и я, а две трети населения точно.
- donda: В вашей семье тёща составляет две трети?
- Alexandras: Теща в любой семье составляет минимум две трети.
I never remember my first hour or so of consciousness in the morning. But by following the trail of destruction from my bed to the computer I can deduce that I’m probably not a morning person.Rickard S.J Jonasson